Marathon Top Terminal
From the World Leader in
VRLA Battery Technology
Designed for durability in telecommunications and electric utility applications, the top terminal
MARATHON® series provides high performance and reliability in long duration discharge
applications. The MARATHON® family of batteries highlights another example of GNB
Industrial Power’s extensive experience and world wide leadership in VRLA technology.
“Designed-in” Quality Manufacturing
Quality manufacturing processes for the MARATHON® series batteries incorporate the
industry’s most advanced technologies including: an automated helium leak detection system,
a computer controlled “fill by weight” acid filler, and a temperature controlled water bath formation
process. Each and every unit is capacity tested.
High Performance Marathon Series Features
• Standard: Reinforced polypropylene container and cover.
• Optional: Flame-retardant reinforced container and cover compliant with UL94 V-0.
• Integrated Flash-arrester ultrasonically welded into cover.
• Patented “Diamond Side-Wall” design to maintain structural integrity in higher operating temperatures.
• Heat sealed case-to-cover bond to ensure a leak proof seal.
• High-Compression Absorbent Glass Mat(AGM) technology for greater than 99% recombination efficiency.
• Tin, calcium, silver, lead positive plate design for maximum service float life; 10 year design life @ 25°C (77°F).
• Heavy duty copper alloy terminals for ease of assembly and reduced maintenance.
• Reliable one-way, self-resealing safety vents.
• Multicell design for faster installation and reduced maintenance.
• Horizontal or vertical operation.
• Removable carry handles for ease of installation.
MARATHON® series batteries incorporate
GNB’s advanced VRLA technology designed
for long life and high performance in:
• Distributed Power
• Customer Premise
• Switchgear Control Power